Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Direct Mail

This week we are doing, in collaboration with the variable data class, a direct mail piece. We were suppose to choose two different target audiences, and identify the call to action our piece would take. I chose to advertise to travel to Hawaii. My two target audiences will be newly weds looking to travel for their honeymoon and retirees looking to spend some quality time together seeing the sights of the world. Call of Action, is going to be to visit the website or local travel agent for details. The finished size will be 7X5 with a bleed on the front, all four sides, and no bleed on the back.










The two images on the left are targeted towards Newlyweds, as you can see. I chose pictures for the front of the newlyweds piece because they seemed like adventurous, outdoorsy, things I believe newlyweds might want to do. The two images on the right would be the front and back of the version I created for a retired audience. Again the images I chose for the front were sites, and places I think an older more calm couple might enjoy.
All of the images I got came off the server on campus, which I was given permission to use.
I did end up having a full bleed on front and back, as well as four color, my COB would be the girls holding the HAWAII sign, and I created the logo for the Travel There travel agency. For the backs I used the same image, that I took into Photoshop and edited so it would fit the space on the back of the card. Overall I’m really happy the way this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment